Monday, August 6, 2012

Back to school

Good day all,

I booked myself a cake decorating class with Karen Portaleo around early July, doing a 3 days 3D mermaid class. Reaching Allentown was quite a journey, I had to stop over in New York city for a night and continue to Allentown for my cake class.
The entire trip was very worthwhile despite the long journey, flying 21 hours to get to New York.That was my first ever trip to the US and I will be back in August for my holiday. I was really lucky to meet many talented cake artists (and cake sculptors) and great teacher. It was fun to be a student again.

One night in New York .. view from my hotel room
Sculpting realistic/ 3D face is the hardest thing i have ever done. The face is made from modeling chocolate... yummm
My attempted mermaid ready to be dressed, weighing about 5 kg of white chocolate
There she is ... all airbrushed, full on make up on and decorated. My first ever realistic figure sculpture, I think my hard work is really paid off
Finish product ... she is totally edible
Me and Karen Portaleo, what an amazing artist, I feel very lucky to have her as my instructor
Mermaids are everywhere - group shot

No comments:

Post a Comment